Thursday, July 23, 2009

Baby Shower Punch

As you know I am always trying new recipes for parties and showers, and it is a great find when I come across one with a party specific theme.

My latest find is a punch recipe for a baby boy baby shower. When I found this recipe, I will admit I was a bit skeptical... using ice cream in a punch? I made a smaller version, and tried it out on a few friends this past weekend. Turns out this was one of the best punch recipes I have ever tasted! My friends thought it was fantastic as well.

"Baby Blue Cloud Punch"

INGREDIENTS

1 (0.13 ounce) package blue, berry flavored unsweetened drink mix
1 (2 liter) bottle lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
1 (64 fluid ounce) bottle white cranberry juice
8 scoops vanilla ice cream
1 cup white sugar, or to taste

DIRECTIONS

In a large punch bowl, stir together the drink mix, lemon-lime soda, and white cranberry juice. Taste, and stir in sugar to your liking. (I added the whole cup.) Float scoops of ice cream on the top. The ice cream melts somewhat and turns the punch a beautiful baby blue color with floating frothy white clouds on the top.

This is the full recipe for 24 servings

Get creative and try other flavors and colors of unsweetened drink mix in place of the blue.

Until next time...

You can find more fun party games & ideas
visit our site... PartyGames2Print.com


No comments: