Friday, August 6, 2010

Brie with Raspberry Sauce Appetizer

This past weekend I was invited to a friends house for a last minute get-together, and was asked to bring an appetizer. My niece had told me about a Brie cheese appetizer that she liked, I was excited to try it as this is my favorite cheese. Rather than making this at home and then having to re-heat it, I made it at my friends house so it could be served right after making it. It has only a few ingredients and is so simple to make, I even brought enough to make another serving just in case it was hit. Good thing I did this tasty appetizer was in high demand. The crusty french bread and fresh fruit, in particular the sliced apples, and red & green grapes vanished faster than the crackers. TIP: Warm the bread if possible, and do not use "light" Brie cheese, it does not melt as well.


Brie with Raspberry Sauce

  • 1 (8 ounce) Brie cheese round
  • 1/4 cup raspberry preserves
  • 1 tablespoon thinly sliced almonds

Place the Brie in a microwave-safe 9" pie plate. Spread the raspberry preserves over the top. Microwave at 50% power for 2 minutes, or until heated through and starting to melt. Sprinkle with the sliced almonds and serve warm.

Serve with crusty french bread, assorted crackers, and fresh fruit (Sliced apples, red & green grapes) are good choices.

Makes 8 servings.

Until next time...

You can find more fun party games & ideas
visit our site... PartyGames2Print.com




No comments: